2021 Surf Cup - Phoenix (Olders) January 1 - 4, 2021
Welcome to the Surf Cup Phoenix Olders tournament! This event will be held January 1 - January 4, 2021 at several select venues in and around Phoenix.
This IS a stay and play event. Teams can NOT book hotel rooms until they receive notification of acceptance from the event. All reservations must be booked through Maverick Sports Travel. Booking with Airbnb or any independent home booking or hotel booking company is not permitted. Teams can be disqualified for not following this policy. We do not have an opt out option for this policy so please understand it before submitting your application.
This event will be for 2001 - 2006 birth year players. NOTE: 2001 gap year players are allowed to participate in this event. All 2002 and 2003 teams should register under the 2001 birth year age group for this event. This will be a combined 2001/2002/2003 age group for this event.
We are pleased to offer an exciting new format for this event in order to maximize player exposure to college coaches AND provide a competitive tournament atmosphere as well.
Every team will play one 80-minute game, per day, on January 1, January 2 and January 3. These will be pool-play games and ensures that all teams get 3-games guaranteed. On Monday, January 4th will be the semi-finals and finals and each of those games will be 70-minute games. No added time, straight to PK's. We will truly be crowning the Best of the Best for this event while providing the players quality play time in front of college coaches.
This means that we will be cancelling our upcoming events in San Diego due to the CA restrictions on Return to Play but we will be ready for the 2021 Manchester City Cup over Memorial weekend, summer Surf Cup and College Cup in 2021 back in San Diego!
This is a Class I Tournament open to USYS, US Club Soccer, USSSA and FIFA affiliated teams. This event is sanctioned by US Club Soccer and ALL players must have 2020/2021 player cards to participate.
The registration deadline is November 15, 2020 at midnight. Teams will be notified of their acceptance for the event by November 20, 2020.
Surf Cup COVID 19 Guidelines
The goal of this event is to provide a safe environment for young athletes to compete and showcase their talents. Keeping our young athletes and families safe is a group effort and requires cooperation from the athletes, parents, coaches, referees and event staff.
Anyone that is not feeling well should Stay Home!
Anyone that doesn’t feel comfortable participating should Stay Home!
Surf Cup Covid Contact: Jesse Turner email@example.com
• For safety reasons, we are asking one spectator per player
• Masks are mandatory for all individuals at the facility. Only athletes, when on the field playing, are allowed to be without a mask but they must wear a mask until they take the field.
• All players, coaches, referees and parents must follow all facility guidelines and remain 6’ apart at all times, whether sitting or standing
• No sharing of personal equipment or water bottles amongst players and coaches
• Each coach and or manager must certify, daily, that each player has passed a verbal health screening
• Coaches are responsible for players adhering to all guidelines
• All visitors and athletes must sanitize their hands upon entry and exit
• Teams must not arrive on the fields until 30 minutes before their scheduled game time and must leave the facility immediately after their games, no congregating is allowed. Teams and families may not set up tents at any venue before, during or after games. For 9am games, teams can not arrive until 8:30am even though these are are the first games of the day. For 8am games, teams may not arrive before 7:30am.
• Surf Cup will provide Field Marshal's to help enforce all guidelines
• No pre or post game rituals are allowed including coin toss, handshakes or high-fives
• Surf Cup will provide canopies. Each team must provide their own benches if they choose as benches can’t be shared between teams
• Spectators will sit on opposite sides of the fields from the players and coaches and on their half of the field mirroring their team. Spectators are not allowed to co-mingle with the opposing team spectators
• No Food Vendors are allowed
As most of the COVID cases during youth sports events are spreading off the field, we strongly recommend the following precautions:
• No carpooling of multiple households is allowed
• No mixing of different households of players allowed in hotel rooms
• No team meetings at hotels or restaurants
• No parent social gatherings at hotels or restaurants
• No inside dining or entertainment facilities
Jan 1, 2021
Jan 4, 2021
Allowed Player's Age Groups:Boys: U15 U16 U17 U19
Girls: U15 U16 U17 U19
Accepted teams that request to drop from the tournament prior to the November 15, 2020 application deadline will be entitled to a full refund less a $75 administration fee and less the credit card processing fee.
Any accepted team is not entitled to a refund for any reason after the November 15, 2020 application deadline.
Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance; Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a governmental order cancels the event or prevents your team from traveling to the event, you will receive a full refund minus any credit card processing transaction fee.